Friday 7 March 2014

Como show Windows Defender icon in the System Tray.

Posted By: Unknown - 02:55

Share

& Comment


mentioned earlier how I installed Windows 8/8.1 on machines of numerous clients and how I wanted all its new operating system. Well, this morning I received my first complaint ... even if minor. One client was concerned that she could see no evidence of virus protection at all. I explained that Windows Defender is built into Windows 8 and was alive and well, protecting your machine.
Although the "Action Center" soon let users know if Windows Defender is disabled, or if there is something wrong with the anti-virus resident protection certainly, I can appreciate the concern of my client. For those of us who are accustomed to see our anti-virus software that shows their status through an icon in the system tray, the lack thereof, can certainly be a bit disturbing.

Unfortunately, there is no native method I could find to show permanently Defender icon in the system tray, but I did find a nice little free program to do just that.

Windows Defender State Manager - The Freeware 

Windows Defender is a mere State Manager download 340KB and 452KB zip extraction. according to Virus Total, is 100% clean. Installation is also perfectly clean and simple. During installation you will be asked whether to add a scan option in the context menu of the world right ...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Tips and Tricks

Blogger Templates | Designed By Templatezy | Blogger Tricks